Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Homework and Goals - Week 2

1. Emotional Goal - Read "Do You Have Faulty Thinking?" link on the main page of the blog in the homework links. Determine which kinds of faulty thinking have kept you from any goal and challenge that thinking by writing down the real truth.

  • All or Nothing Thinking - I just went over my weight watcher points, so I might as well eat the rest of the ice cream, then I can start fresh tomorrow. Truth - I wouldn't even gain a pound with one slip up, it's the "night before the diet" mentality that's causing problems.
  • Labeling, Frustration Thinking, Fortune-Telling, Pipe Dreaming, & Self Downing - There is a recorder in my head that plays the same thing - "This is as good as it will get, you will never be thin again. At this point only cosmetic surgery will change my body! You will always be a fat girl! " Truth - I am definitely not ever going to be 18 again, but I can sure have the energy, health, and a rockin' bod for my age! I have complete control over what I put in my mouth and how much I exercise. I am a healthy woman and have no real excuse for not reaching my goals! I will not let myself go downhill any further!
  • Poor Me Thinking - I actually feel sorry for myself and resentful, every time I eat salad! I have many thin women in my family, who can eat anything they want and still maintain their weight. I get frustrated when I think about having to "diet" the rest of my life! Truth - Everyone needs to eat healthy and exercise. There are many choices of healthy foods out there and no one is forcing a salad on me. I actually like salads. Every time I make a good choice, I am that much closer to my goal.

2. Food Goal - Read "Why Drink Water?" link. Write down a reason you should drink more water. Start replacing your usual drink with water and work your way up to 64oz a day. Make sure your never too far from a bathroom :)
  1. I have heart palpitations, I'm not supposed to drink that much caffeine. Water is supposed to help keep you energized and awake, even better than coffee and without the crash.
  2. Joint problems - will help cushion joints
  3. Metabolism Boost - will flush toxins out of the liver and help you get rid of fat, keep you feeling full, and increase metabolism.

3. Exercise Goal - Do at least 75 minutes of any exercise of your choice over the course of the week.

I'm going to do 1-20 minute Boot camp DVD, 2-20 minute weight lifting sessions, and 15 minutes on the elliptical.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did 20 minutes of weight training on Tuesday.

tanya said...

way to go!! burn that fat girly!