Wednesday, January 31, 2007

No Time...

My schedule has been jam packed and I haven't made it to the grocery store, so I haven't cooked in a week. I've had 3 birthday parties and went out of town this weekend. I have been trying to pick the least of the evils offered on the menu. I could have just had the grilled chicken salad at each restaurant, but instead, I tried to modify the yummy stuff. I got a cheeseburger, with mustard and lots of veggies, pizza at Carolina's with olives and peppers, and eating off the children's menu at fast food places. I really have to start cooking, I'm not eating that much, but everything offered at restaurants starts at 500 calories!

I've also done 10 hrs of home improvement, moving furniture and painting. My biggest problem is that I feel like a deserve a fattening meal, when I've worked hard. After I finished for the day, I expected to have burned off two days worth of calories, but when I calculated what I had eaten and the exercise I had done. I had gone over my calories! You really don't burn off enough to eat whatever you want. I'm starting actual exercise, on top of the home improvement, today. I'm going to commit to 10 minutes a day on the elliptical and some weights, usually once I'm in the groove, I end up doing more.

Today is a new day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did a 20 minute bootcamp DVD last night...I was planning to only do 10 minutes, but I was making it through it okay, so I thought I might as well finish. Tonight I've done a 30 minute DVD. It's getting easier already!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jennifer!!! Keep up the good work. Looks like you might be winning some money.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Camelia! But, I think I just balanced my food with my workouts. I haven't lost anything yet. I have to work on what I'm eating too! Confession....I ate a HUGE piece of chocolate cake tonight. I have a big problem with "rewarding myself" with food. I had a long week and worked really hard. It's ridiculous, but I actually feel resentful when I eat salad or things that are "diet" foods! I also make deals with myself, like, I can eat a piece of cake, if I work out for an hour. But, now I ate the cake and now I just want to watch a movie and go to bed.